
How do you like to cook your Ramen Noodles?
Traci and I like to do it differently. I like to boil the noodles and then put just the noodles in the bowl. Then I add cold tap water and the whole seasoning packet! mmmm mmm. Traci likes to use as little water as possible and add the seasoning before the noodles even go in the pot. Then she makes sure she doesn't overcook the noodles and puts the noodles and the broth in her bowl. mmmmm mmm.
We love Ramen!
So, what do you do?
DAVID BROWN FAMILY The most awesomest family on Blogger... I mean in the world!!!
Categories
- Adam (1)
- Bowmans (1)
- Build-a-Bear (1)
- BYU (1)
- Date (1)
- David (2)
- Easter (1)
- elijah (1)
- Eliza (1)
- Ethan (1)
- http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QBg5pFav3i0/TLeqFl_FM8I/AAAAAAAAABk/-U_fiaFlZmI/s1600/dsf.jpg (1)
- Ice Skating (1)
- Kim (3)
- Kimmie Graduation (1)
- Kylie (1)
- Lisa (1)
- Morris Kids (1)
- traci (1)
- Whitney (1)
9:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 things to say:
I like mine with a Natural Light (just like in the picture)
I cook with a little bit of water... when the noodles are almost done I add the seasoning... then I remove the noodles from the broth and eat... usually the noddles gross me out after a few bites... i don't know why.
LISA! YOU BEAT ME TO THE JOKE!! THOSE WERE THE EXACT WORDS I WAS GOING TO WRITE!
I've made it adding little water and the seasoning first. I've made it adding tons of water and then draining a lot of that water after noodles are cooked and add seasoning at that point.
I've also drained nearly all the water and then added the seasoning. It is really strong that way. I find you need some water or the flavor doesn't spread itself so nice.
I'm always surprised how much I still love ramen. Thank you for the invention of ramen, Mr. Just died a month or so ago.
Oops! Didn't notice the beer!
I do it like David.
My roommate makes it in the microwave...but i find that makes the bowl really really hot and it doesn't taste as good.
The man who invented ramen died recently?
I'm not sure why I thought he died recently. Maybe that was someone else...;)
Mr Momofuku Ando, the inventor of instant ramen died on January 5, 2007.
I follow the packet directions, but I add frozen veges...usually peas to the boiling water. My kids eat them because of the chicken broth (our favorite kind) flavor. I've tried adding ground beef to, but after the fact. Not my best idea.
I follow the packet directions, but I add frozen veges...usually peas to the boiling water. My kids eat them because of the chicken broth (our favorite kind) flavor. I've tried adding ground beef to, but after the fact. Not my best idea.
For those of you who don't know MrsScreensiren is Sara Bowman's sister Rachel.
I still stalk you Browns sometimes... I just love and miss you all too much! But about the ramen, I like to crack an egg in the water when adding the noodles and then the seasoning and a little soy sauce. Sometimes I'll boil carrots with it too. And if I'm not in a soupy mood, then I'll put it all in a frying pan and make a chow mein type of dish.
P.S. There's a cookbook out there called "Everybody Loves Ramen". One of my mission companions had it. There are some good and interesting ways to cook with ramen!
Hey! I have that book! I think Mom gave it to me either when I went off to college or when I got married.
Over the years, I've gotten quite lazy. If I'm going to eat ramen, I want it right away. I heat up some water in a tupaware in the microwave for a couple of minutes, then heat it with the noodles a couple of minutes, let it sit a little while, drain excess water (gotta leave some in) and add the seasoning. I like it better cooked on the stove, but I don't like washing the pan or watching it the whole time. Wow! I'm lazy!
by the way, which Jenny is that?
Post a Comment